1. Robert Hatch
2. Michael Fileu
(PAUL VAN HIMST)
4. Pieter Van Beck
6. Terry Brady
3. Cptn John COLBY
8. Carlos Rey
7. Arthur Hayes
11. Erik Borge
9. Sid Harmor
10. Luis Fernandez
Work in progress
So a hearty welcome to all our listeners in England. There are only a few minutes to go before the kick off of this historic match
This great crowd of about 50,000 really have something to look forward to during the next 90 minutes.
To ensure fair play and good sportsmanship, the German organisers have picked a neutral to referee the match...and he is now ready for the toss of the coin. The winner will have his choice of kicking off or defending, but will most probably choose to play towards the east goal with wind in his favour.
Captain Bauman has done just that, and the allies will kick off this great event
Well I tell you years from now, man will say of this game, did it happen? Well I tell you in the listening audience today, it is happening.
We're all witness's to an occasion long to be remembered, not as propagander as some would say, but as a magnificent sporting spectacle.
"HERES TO VICTORY!"
1. Robert Hatch (USA) (SYLVESTER STALONE)
2. Michael Fileu (Bel) (PAUL VAN HIMST)
3. Cptn John COLBY (UK) (MICHAEL CAINE)
4. Pieter Van Beck (Hol) (CO PRINS)
5.Doug Clure(UK) - (RUSSELL OSMAN)
6. Terry Brady (UK) (BOBBY MOORE)
7. Arthur Hayes(Sco) (JOHN WARK)
8. Carlos Rey (Arg) (OSSIE ARDILES)
9. Sid Harmor (UK) (MIKE SUMERBEE)
10. Luis Fernandez (Bra) (PELE)
11. Erik Borge(Denmark) (SOREN LINDSTED)
Paul Wolchek (Pol) (KAZIMARIEZ DEYNA) On for no 7
Gunnar Hilsson (Nor)(HALLVAR THORESEN) on for no 4
Honourable Mention for Tony Lewis(Ire)(KEVIN O'CALLAGHAN) who broke his arm before match.
1. Schmidt (Laurie Sivell)
4. Baumann (Werner Roth)
10. Strauss (Robin Turner)